Antitumor drug therapy and bone marrow transplantation
The department specializes in providing high-tech medical care to patients diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, Hodgkin's lymphoma, multiple myeloma, bone and soft tissue sarcomas, melanoma, which includes cytostatic, targeted and immunosuppressive therapies, various types of bone marrow transplantation.
One of the main activities of the department is the development of bone marrow donor program in the Irkutsk region, as well as obtaining hematopoietic cells for transplantation from autologous and allogeneic donors, including non-family donors.
The department has 42 specialized beds provided with continuous air filtration and modern medical equipment for the treatment of patients with hematological and oncological diseases. The department includes: 2 intensive care and resuscitation rooms, 1 stem cell collection room, 5 outpatient hospital beds, a unit for cryopreservation and storage of the cells. Modern capabilities of the department allow us to perform more than 60 bone marrow transplantations per year.
• Obtaining hematopoietic stem cells from peripheral blood and bone marrow using all possible mobilization methods;
• Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplants;
• Allogeneic stem cell transplants from relatives;
• Optimization of protocols for the treatment of Hodgkin's lymphoma, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, multiple myeloma;
• Treatment of lymphomas and solid tumors using target and immunoadaptive cell therapies;
• Organization of the regional Irkutsk bone marrow donor registry.
• Participation in international randomized multicenter clinical trials;
• Participation in Russian post-marketing observation programs to study the effectiveness of new anticancer drugs;
• Implementation and analysis of the effectiveness of new protocols for the of lymphoproliferative disease treatment;
• The annual holding of the Siberian Oncohematological Forum.