• Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS);
• Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS);
• Diagnostic EGD with biopsy;
• Balloon dilation of anastomotic strictures;
• Chromogastroscopy using various dyes;
• Therapeutic EGD (including polypectomy);
• Colonoscopy (including polypectomy);
• Bronchoscopy and rigid tracheobronchoscopy under anesthesia;
• Tube placement into the small intestine with inflammatory anastomotic strictures and pyloric stenosis;
• Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), papillosphincterotomy, lithotripsy and extraction of large bile duct stones, endoscopic dilation of major duodenal papilla, nasobiliary drainage, biliary and pancreatic stent placement;
• Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) and submucosal dissection (ESD) in the esophagus, stomach and lower gastrointestinal tract.
The department carries out:
• The early detection of oncological diseases;
• Removal of benign tumors and early stages cancer of the gastrointestinal tract;
• Minimally invasive interventions on the bile ducts and major duodenal papilla;
• Endoscopic biliary stent placement for palliation in patients with inoperable cancer to relieve their suffering and improve their quality of life.
The list of medical and diagnostic procedures used in the department:
Bronchial tree: diagnostic and therapeutic rigid bronchoscopy (occlusion of bronchopleural fistulas, occlusion of the bronchi in pulmonary hemorrhage, etc.); photodynamic therapy.
Esophagus and stomach: removal of stomach polyps and early stomach cancer, recanalization of malignant stenosis of the esophagus and lower esophageal sphincter, tube placement, esophageal stent placement, photodynamic therapy.
Large intestine: diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy (polypectomy, electrosurgical and laser recanalization of colonic stenosis), photodynamic therapy.
Surgical application of high-energy lasers (Nd:YAG and Ho):
larynx (removal of angiofibromas, laryngeal papillomas and early stages cancer, recanalization of postoperative laryngeal strictures);
tracheobronchial tree (removal of benign tumors and early stages cancer, recanalization of cicatricial strictures and malignant stenosis, laser preparation for tracheal endoprosthetics);
esophagus (removal of benign tumors and early stages cancer, esophageal recanalization);
stomach (removal of benign tumors and early stages cancer);
large intestine (removal of benign tumors and early stages cancer, recanalization of cicatricial strictures and malignant stenosis);
skin surgeries using a laser combined with electrosurgical instruments (removal of benign skin tumors and basal cell carcinoma).
Examinations and operations performed in the Endoscopy Department in 2020
|Total number of procedures||20821|
|EUS / Endosonography of the trachea and bronchi||130|
|EUS / Endosonography of the stomach||21|
|EUS / Endosonography of the pancreatobiliary area||131|
|EUS / Transesophageal endosonography||29|
|Endoscopic surgery / Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)||50|
|Endoscopic surgery / Recanalization of cicatricial strictures of the intestine||41|
|Endoscopic surgery / Recanalization of cicatricial strictures of the esophagus||148|
|Endoscopic surgery / Removal of gastric polyps||103|
|Endoscopic surgery / Removal of colon polyps||522|
|Endoscopy / Intraoperative photodynamic therapy||15|
|Endoscopy / Bronchoscopy||1051|
|Endoscopy / Rectoscopy||487|
|Endoscopy / Rhinoscopy||912|
|Endoscopy / Therapeutic tracheobronchoscopy||872|
|Endoscopy / Sigmoidoscopy||282|
|Endoscopy / Esophageal stenting||89|
|Endoscopy / Colonoscopy||3029|
|Endoscopy / Laryngoscopy||6422|
|Endoscopy / Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)||5368|
|Endoscopy / Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)||79|
• Implementation of minimally invasive surgical techniques for treatment of various oncopathology.
Department of PDT (photodynamic therapy)
• Laser treatment of benign skin tumors and basal cell carcinoma;
• Intraluminal endoscopically assisted PDT both in early stages of tracheobronchial, gastric, colon cancer and in metastatic seeding and continued tumor growth;
• Intraoperative PDT in thoracic surgery, gynecology;
• PDT in gynecology for cancer and precancerous conditions of the vulva, cervix and ovaries.