Surgical department (onco-urology) - 40 beds
The department has 11 doctors, 11 nurses.
The onco-urological examination room at the polyclinic has set up a room for screening and early diagnosis of prostate diseases, where rectal exams, as well as PSA tests, are performed for all male patients who applied to the center. Some patients are excluded from observation after the results are obtained. For those whose PSA level is critical or exceeds the norm – transrectal ultrasound examination with mandatory prostate biopsy is performed.
The department is equipped with high-quality, modern equipment from leading world manufacturers. It has the most modern endoscopic surgery complex, including a three-dimensional imaging system, which provides depth perception, an increase in the efficiency of movements, and an improvement in postoperative results in laparoscopic operations.
In onco-urology department, the following diseases are treated:
• Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH);
• Prostate cancer (PC);
• Bladder cancer;
• Kidney cancer;
• Renal pelvis and ureter cancer (tumor);
• Опухоли уретры;
• Testicular cancer (tumor);
• Penile cancer (tumor), etc.
The following surgical interventions are performed:
• Fluorescence (photodynamic) cystoscopy for early diagnosis of bladder cancer;
• Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP);
• Adenomectomy (retropubic or transvesical);
• Radical prostatectomy (retropubic, laparoscopic).
• Kidney resection;
• Nephrectomy (through retroperitoneal, transperitoneal or thoracoabdominal access, as well as laparoscopic);
• Hyperthermia in chronic prostatitis and malignant tumors of the prostate gland;
• A transobturator synthetic sling is installed in cases of urinary incontinence in men.
The department performs a wide range of laparoscopic onco-urological operations:
• Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy;
• Laparoscopic nephrectomy;
• Laparoscopic kidney resection;
• Laparoscopic radiofrequency (RF) ablation of renal neoplasms;
• Laparoscopic radical cystectomy цистэктомия;
• Laparoscopic adrenalectomy and other surgeries.
Types of operations performed:
Highly qualified specialists of the onco-urology department perform all kinds of operations and surgical procedures for onco-urological diseases using both standard and modern techniques, such as:
• Radical cystectomy (complete removal of the bladder) with urine diversion through a dry / wet stoma or formation of a new (orthotopic) bladder;
• Endovesical (intravesical): endovesical electrocoagulation, transurethral electroresection;
• Transvesical (through bladder): transvesical electroresection;
• Chemotherapy for bladder, hormone therapy for prostate cancer.