In the department specialty doctors (therapist, pulmonologist, cardiologist, functional diagnostics doctor) receive patients in the hospital before and after surgery, as well as at the outpatient stage.
• Examination of the cardiovascular system is carried out by electrocardiography with functional tests (pharmacologic, orthostatic, hyperventilation, exercise testing) using digital ECG machines;
• 24-72 hour Holter monitoring (HM) of the electrocardiogram, 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) and combined monitoring (HM and ABPM);
• Investigation of respiratory disease includes bronchomotor tests (spirometry) with medications, functional stress testing, pulse oximetry, peak expiratory flow measurement, exhaled breath testing (CO);
• Examination of the central and peripheral nervous system include a test that detects electrical activity in the brain (electroencephalography, or EEG), intraoperative neuromonitoring is carried out during neurosurgical procedures;
• There is a smoking cessation room in the department, where anyone can consult a doctor.
On the basis of the Functional Diagnostics Department, doctors and residents of Irkutsk State Medical University are being trained. Staff members of the department constantly improve their skills on the basis of Russian and foreign centers and carry out scientific activities.